Christalite Methodist Home




Christalite Methodist Home 
Oct 28, 2014

What Happened?

When we first got there we were greeted warmly by a staff named Jacelyn, who lead the tour of the place. But first we had to set up the tables and chairs. Then we walked around random citizens waved at us and My class and I waved back. Some where in wheel chairs, one had no arm,  I felt so sad for them. When we got back we set up and sat to wait for the seniors. They came first like drops then a trickle of them, they walked or rolled over to us with lonely looks. Marissa and I started to take out coloring pages and asked what the wanted and glued and colored, some drew on their own. They smiled and enjoyed the project. After we did the project we went to the empty wall in the back and set up the sound system. the music came and we sung "stand by me" and they clapped and moved to the beat. Then we did the "brain dance" witch was a bunch of songs stuck together and you danced to it, different moves for each time the song changed. We where done and we started to clean up and the seniors started leaving asking if we where coming tomorrow. 

How do I feel?

When we first got there I was scared, nervous, and excited. During the tour seeing all the people I got in to see their lives and I felt sorry for them. When we started interacted with them I was happy to put some joy into their lives, brighten their day. During the song I  felt the joy in it and the joy in them. When we left I new that the more you help people like that It makes you and them feel good. 

What advice would I give to someone going tomorrow?

stay calm and guide them best as possible do not make them do something they don't want to do.
don't feel bad when they leave it is not your fault.
always smile and be cherry when you do things.

Questions that I still have

why do they think that we are coming tomorrow?
How much does interacting with them, make them feel happy?

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Abbie/Abner letter