Healthy Snack Reflection
Tori’s bean salad
24 oz of black beans (drained and rinsed)
24 oz of sweet kernel corn (drained and rinsed)
1 red bell pepper (finely chopped)
1 large handful cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
5 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
½ teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
Mix well in large bowl, taste best after sitting in refrigeration 1-2 hours

- Was my snack healthy? Justify why you say yes or no. Think about what we’ve talked about sugar and fats.
I think that my snack was very healthy because I had healthy ingredients like corn, beans, and pepper, and if you look above at the label it is low in sugar and is high in many things that we need like potassium and vitamin C.
2. When you choose a snack do you think about how healthy/unhealthy it is? Why or why not.
No, because when I grab a snack I am always focused on what I am going to do next and I don't look at how good or how bad for me the thing I am grabbing is, though recently I am looking and realizing how bad some things are me more.
3.Do you think the food is meant to be eaten with other people? What are some effects of eating and socializing at the same time?
Yes, I think that when I am eating I like to enjoy being with other people because eating is not just about eating it's about sharing with everyone else. Some of the effects is that you enjoy your food more and that you actually tend to make healthier choices
4.Did you enjoy preparing your food? Do you think to prepare your own food affects how much you enjoy eating it? Explain
Yes, I enjoyed preparing my food. Yes, I think that if you make your own food you tend to like it more because you made it for yourself and you are proud of your work, I find I enjoy the food more when I have made it.
5.Which recipes you tried today would you buy if they were offered at the kiosk? And why?
I would buy Neel's bread with the goat cheese and pesto dips, becuase it was healthy but very flavorful and savory at the same time. I would also buy Veronica's Berry Yogurt parfait which looked and tasted amazing.
Comments
Post a Comment