Portrait Photography



I was inspired to take this photo because it reminded of the good side and bad side of you that site on either side of your shoulder, Mana is the solemn and evil devil, Kacey is the confident and strong angle. We used the studio and I directed on light on Kacey and the other on Mana. I experimented with them until Mana's light was at a very low setting and Kacey's light was on a moderate setting so that she was brighter and Mana was darker. I took a photo before this and then changed the lighting so that it was better. I experimented with exposure and I put it on a bit darker exposure so that only certain parts of them are illuminated. We used side lighting to illuminate a part of them Kacey's light doesn't shine on Mana a lot and Mana's light doesn't shine on Kacey a lot. I did a little editing so that the color was more clear and also so that they stand out from the black background a lot more.

Question 1: What is Exposure?
It is how much light you let into the lens and that determines how light or dark the photo is. Underexposure is letting less light into the photo so that the photo is darker. Overexposure is letting more light so that the photo is brighter.

Question 2: Which Photo of your Summative assessments was your best and why?
I think that my rule of 3rds photo was the best because I also did a side lighting on just half of Mana's face and the color is clear and I did it with a low ISO so that the photo is crisp.

Question 3: How should background and the lighting be considered in a photo?
I think that it depends on the mood you are setting like the one photo above I was trying to make it seem that one of them is very dark and the other is very light so I underexposed the photo so Kacey stood out more. Another photo that I took (the one to the right) I considered the white stone background it is a very good clean background and it isn't distracting, which is very important! say you're at a party and you wanted to take a photo of someone so you would turn the aperture low so that the background blurs out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Abbie/Abner letter