Art 8 Surreal Sandwich Design

In Art for our first unit, we created 2-D Sandwichs that had to have some form of surrealism in them. We experimented many different themes and media the main two being water color and color pencil. The image below is a picture of my final work.

1. The main Element of art that I used in this piece was value because I did lots of shading using lights and darks to create value to give the items a more realistic look. I also used the elements of Color, Texture, and Space to create this realistic look. Some of the Principles I used was Contrast, Balance, and Emphais, to make the different tools stand out, but still, belong.

2. What was the most challenging part of this assignment?  
I think the two most challenging parts of this assignment was making sure that the texture and the value looked right so everything was realistic. The second most challenging thing I think was making sure it was balanced in color, so that meant choosing the right background so everything stood out.

3. Explain the theme of your Sandwich and why you chose it.
The theme of my Sandwich is art supplies all of the objects are art supplies that you use every day, the reason I choose this sandwich is because compared to my other ideas I felt that it would take more time but also have a big pop, with the color and the objects, it also allowed me to be free with what I choose but still be slightly limited.

4. Out of all the media and techniques, we worked with I found that color pencil was by far my favorite because I could easily shade and add light. I also found that It made more texture like rough but also smooth while unlike water color which is just smooth. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Abbie/Abner letter