Art 8 Identity Painting

In Art 8 we were working on an acrylic painting, we first to a photo of ourselves and then we painted and drew on images that represented ourselves. Some of the items I choose to include was leaves, a river coming from a paint brush, multicolor swirls, and my families names in different fonts. Before I created my final draft I brainstormed ideas and did a rough draft.

1. Brainstorming - What are some of the defining characteristics of your identities? how have you shown these in your piece?
I think that some of my defining characteristics are the fact that I try to reach out and do new things, that I love nature and my family. I care greatly about the people around me and am always trying to find new ways to grow. I think that also that I love art because it helps me express my own hopes, dreams, and beliefs. My family is represented by the art pallet that I am holding that has their names on it, and my love for nature is represented by the 3 leaves that float above my head. I think that my positive attitude and growth mindset is represented by the swirls that twist around, they also look like they are reaching out towards to new opportunities. The flowing river represents my hopes, dreams, and beliefs, that are always changing. It also represents the opportunities and challenges that I face.


2. Rough draft - What is the most important piece of our identity? - our looks, actions, beliefs? Why?
I think that our most important piece of our identity is beliefs because they drive our actions and what we do. The reason I believe this is because when you believe in something it drives your actions, and what change you make in the world, and the impact you have in the world helps shows others who you want to be and who you are. 
3. What did you like about this assignment and what did you find challenging? 
Something that I really liked about this assignment was that we could really choose what we were making, unlike the shoe drawing this had a lot more freedom of choice, I guess the reason behind that is because you are showing who you are, and everyone is different. The one thing that I found challenging at first was finding the right colors that really reflected who I was, because I wanted everything to show me, in some way. 
4. Do you believe this piece will show your identity in one year? Ten years? 
 I think that in one year some of the piece or maybe all will still reflect me, but in ten years I think I will have changed enough that this wouldn't refect me or show my identity because like I said I am constantly looking for ways to grow. I might still have somewhat the same beliefs or have completely new ones. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Abbie/Abner letter