ELA Podcast - Healthcare
In ELA for the past few weeks, we have been studying the unit of Journalism by working on a social justice podcast. I choose the interesting topic of healthcare access in the US and Singapore, and how the different parts of their systems helped their citizens. I am most proud of my soundbites and interviews because it was quite hard finding a good part that has statistics or emotion in it for this topic so I tried really hard to get the best information. When I was interviewed I was able to ask good questions that dove deeper into both of their perspectives as a doctor and as a citizen of these countries. I did this by staying attentive and really preserving by asking tons of questions to push theirs and my thinking deeper. I had a great time and learned quite a lot from this research, and I now fully understand how both of these systems work. I learned about the different parts and why some of these people just can't get access to healthcare. In the US it is because they are just above the poverty line so they can't get Medicaid but don't have insurance either, which is quite sad. My biggest challenge I think was helping people understand why this really is a social justice topic and reflecting that in my podcast was a big challenge for me, and I think that I could have done it a little better. Some unintended learning that happened was I learned how both of these systems work and I now understand how that part of the government works, I think that I accidentally just learned some politics. I think now with my understand I can also participate in adult conversations on this topic.
I think I also could have included more statistics or facts in my podcast, but overall I'm ok with my podcast and I'm happy I learned lots of new things. Beforehand I didn't know how complicated these systems are and didn't appreciate how much work goes into making the citizens of the country happy. I learned quite a lot from this experience and I think it furthered my understanding of journalism.
I think I also could have included more statistics or facts in my podcast, but overall I'm ok with my podcast and I'm happy I learned lots of new things. Beforehand I didn't know how complicated these systems are and didn't appreciate how much work goes into making the citizens of the country happy. I learned quite a lot from this experience and I think it furthered my understanding of journalism.
I liked how you changed the intro from the generic into a more leading intro, it really worked. How did you get and do your interviews? The expensive healthcare reminds me of a photo I saw of a man who didn't have insurance that got bitten by a snake had to pay $100,000.
ReplyDeleteI really like the clarity of your audio. The amount of information that you provided for both the US and Singapore's healthcare was really good and gave me a clear view on both the healthcare systems. I can connect to this because recently one family member of mine got pretty sick, and they had to make a decision on where they would get healthcare, and they ended up coming to Singapore. I really love how you brought this whole podcast together!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed listening to your podcast! The music was very fitting and perfect for you topic. One thing your could change is in one part I couldn't hear what you were saying. Another thing that you did very well was providing both sides of the argument. You also had a lot of stats and interview, and you explained them both very well in depth. One question I have for you is, what interested you in this topic? Overall very well done.
ReplyDeleteThis is the most high-quality Podcast I've heard so far. The sound quality was awesome, so is the topic, the content, the comparison. You examined many perspectives on both the pros and cons side of American health care and Singaporean health care. This will be reliable. I like your transition between sound bites. Good job!
ReplyDelete