History Alive








1. How was your project connected to 2-3 others in the class? Why?
I think that we can vaguely connect to a few of the topics like Albert Einstien who fought for Jewish and African American rights during the same time period of our topic. I can also vaguely connect to all the topics on women's rights because they were being segregated against just like blacks were during our time period. Some other topics that if they were made that would have connected really nicely with our topic would be Segregation and Unfair treatment during service in the wars, Jim Crow laws, and the civil rights movement. Even though not a lot of topics in our class really relate to ours, there are lots of different things that do, and if you look you can find that our topic really helped shape America and helped black realize that the discrimination was running deep and really had to be stopped before it turned back into slavery.

2. What did you learn about your topic, or about research, that will help you in the future?
I think that I learned a lot about the treatment of blacks during that time and how unfairly they were treated, like how when blacks were living in the tenor homes the landlords know they had nowhere else to go would strategically raise their rent. I also was horrified by their treatment in the workplace and how they were often put in unsafe situations. I also learned a lot about the great depression during that time period and how it was a truly horrible time to live through, which my grandmother did as a young child. I also learned that when doing this project and looking for photos try to find the most reliable source. Also if you find a good photo but on not, a super reliable source try to find an original then you can determine if it is reliable or not. I also learned a lot about how people were unable to really fight the different things going on back then, or they would be hurt or beaten into submission. I also learned how deep this discrimination went and how people were in such dire need of money they were willing to do anything for it.

3. What did you learn about collaboration and cooperation? Organization and Time-management?
I think that I learned that when you are in a partnership communication is the best way to avoid problems and to make sure that you are sharing your ideas and documents. Problems will occur if you don't talk and let others know what you are doing, an example of this was in my partnership I felt like I was doing all the work, and I didn't see Vidushi doing anything, I tried asking her to do work but she never did. Later when I came back to class it turns out she did but on a different document and she never shared it with me. I also learned that you guys have to split the work and assign each other jobs, so I was doing the captions and things like that and Vidushi was gathering the photos. I also learned that you have to put aside time at home at least 15-20 mins to go over your work and add research. I also made sure to put all our documents in one folder to help us organize everything and to make all the documents easier to find. With the poster board, we also learned since we had limited time we had to bring it home to do a little work and shape it more, until we got an extra class and then we added a few more things to make it better, using the rubric, reflection, and peer feedback. In conclusion, I learned a lot from this project on how to work with others and manage your time so that everything gets finished on time

(extra question)
4. What would you do differently next time?
I think that Vidushi and I would have organized our board to make more sense maybe added numbers so that people know what order to go in. I would also make sure that Vidushi and I have better communication so that a problem like that doesn't arise again. I think that we would also look at the rubric sooner so that we didn't have to do a last-minute rush to add a few things to make it meet expectations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Abbie/Abner letter